Baylor Barbee discusses the importance of routines and how they can help us achieve our goals. He emphasizes the need to find routines that work for us individually, rather than trying to copy someone else’s routine. He also highlights the importance of flexibility in our routines and the need to leave room for unexpected events. Baylor shares his own routine, called “Great by Eight,” which involves focusing on personal growth activities before 8:00 a.m. to set the tone for the day.
- Routines are important for personal growth, but they should be tailored to our individual needs and circumstances.
- It’s okay to try new things and add small changes to our routines, but we should avoid overhauling everything at once.
- Leaving room for flexibility in our routines is crucial to adapt to unexpected events and challenges.
- Baylor’s “Great by Eight” routine involves focusing on personal growth activities before 8:00 a.m. to ensure they are prioritized and not neglected.
- “Just because it works for somebody else doesn’t mean that it’s going to work for you.”
- “Be sure that your routine is moving you forward. Be sure that your routine is consistent in its approach.”
- “Routines are important, but there’s a difference between a routine and a rut.”
- “Leave room for flexibility. If any sort of adversity hits, your entire day is going to crumble.”
- “The only time I know that for sure I have to myself before the whole world starts is before that.”