Baylor Barbee shares a story about watching his mom feed birds in the backyard and draws parallels to personal growth. He emphasizes the importance of being a good product, someone that people want to be around. He also highlights the significance of consistency in building trust and reliability. Baylor encourages listeners to diversify themselves within their skill set to attract new opportunities while staying true to their core competencies.
- Focus on personal growth and becoming a good product that people want to be around.
- Consistency is key in building trust and reliability.
- Diversify within your skill set to attract new opportunities while staying true to your core competencies.
- “If you want people to want to be around you, you’ve got to have a good product. You are the product.”
- “The best is just somebody that’s consistent for a long enough period of time and continues to improve upon their skill set.”
- “Nobody wakes up every day and says, ‘I want to go find the most miserable human beings on the planet and surround myself with them.'”
- “Be sure that you’re not the Scrooge in a situation. If you want to grow, have a good product.”
- “Nobody wants to hang around people that are just not good people.”